For uniform please visit our Online Shop
Why does Just Dance have a Uniform?
There are countless benefits to having a uniform.
- We want to teach our students to ‘respect the art’. Dress codes in dance look more professional and are part of the long history of dance.
- Dance is a discipline and begins with the way a student dresses for class. By ‘dressing the part’, a student looks like, behaves like, and ‘becomes’ a dancer.
- A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher and the art of dance.
- Dance is an area in which practicality of clothing needs to be considered. Inappropriate clothes can cause distractions, discomfort and even injury.
- With the Just Dance logo on the uniform, students feel a sense of belonging to a group; much like sports teams wear uniforms. Many feel proud to wear their uniform and it helps promote class unity.
- A dress code cuts down on distractions in class such as who’s wearing the latest dance attire or popular trends.
- Teachers must be able to see a dancer’s alignment, lines and positioning to allow them to make proper corrections when needed. The teacher can gauge performance equally between individuals, helping them to recognize which students are doing well with a new move and which students require a bit more assistance.
- Uniforms are cost effective. Parents are only required to purchase one dance outfit and the leotard is the same in all subjects. Not to mention it eliminates any fussing on which color leotard or tutu to wear.
- We are very pleased with the Just Dance uniforms. The students look professional and dance beautifully in them.